Applying for Scholarships
Schoolcraft College Foundation applications for the 2022-2023 academic year will open on March 17, 2022.
The online applications are available to students who have been accepted to Schoolcraft College by the Admissions Office. New applications must be submitted after January 31 in order to be eligible for the following fall semester.
Important things to note:
- Application requires a Schoolcraft College ID and a SCwireless/SCmail/BlackBoard password for login access. (This allows students to save their applications in progress and return to it prior to submission.) Students will also be able to login and check the status of their application(s).
- Although an applicant may qualify for a scholarship this does not mean they will be selected to receive the scholarship. Most scholarships have multiple qualifying applicants and the review team does its best to select the recipients based upon all of the information at their disposal.
The application process is simple and easy to use.
- The key is to answer as many questions as possible. The more questions you answer the more scholarships you potentially match to.
- After answering questions, be sure to click the Scholarship tab to view your matches and complete the necessary applications.
- Scholarships may be competitive; based on a variety of scholarship criteria established by the donor. These criteria may include but are not limited to: interests, experiences, goals, activities, and financial need.
- If awarded a scholarship, students must meet the enrollment and GPA criteria for each award semester and submit a thank you letter to their donor(s).
If you need help with the scholarship application site, please call the SC Answer Center at 734-462-4426.
Generally students must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- Be a regularly admitted student at Schoolcraft College working toward a certificate or degree.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Have a grade point average that meets scholarship criteria. Most, but not all, are at least a 2.5.
- Additional or special criteria, as determined by the individual scholarship, may be required.
- We think it’s smart for all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. To be considered for a scholarship that assists students who have financial needs, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to submitting this application for review.