Applying for Scholarships
The general application for the 2021-2022 academic year will open on February 1, 2021.
The online application is available to students who have been accepted to Schoolcraft College by the Admissions Office. A new application must be submitted after January 31 in order to be eligable for the following fall semester.
Important things to note:
- The application requires a Schoolcraft College ID and a SCwireless/SCmail/BlackBoard password for login access. (This allows students to save their application in progress and return to it prior to submission.) Students will also be able to login and check the status of their application(s).
- Although an applicant may qualify for a scholarship this does not mean they will be selected to receive the scholarship. Most scholarships have multiple qualifying applicants and the review team does its best to select the recipients based upon all of the information at their disposal.
The application process is simple and easy to use; and once complete will recommend scholarships for students based on their profile.
- Applicants only need to submit ONE application per academic year to be considered for any and all eligible scholarships.
- Scholarships may be competitive; based on a variety of scholarship criteria established by the donor. These criteria may include but are not limited to: interests, experiences, goals, activities, and financial need.
- If awarded a scholarship, students must meet the enrollment and GPA criteria for each award semester and submit a thank you letter to their donor(s).
If you need help with the scholarship application site, please call the SC Answer Center at 734-462-4426.
Generally students must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- Be a regularly admitted student at Schoolcraft College working toward a certificate or degree.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Have a grade point average that meets scholarship criteria. Most, but not all, are at least a 2.5.
- Additional or special criteria, as determined by the individual scholarship, may be required.
- We think it’s smart for all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. To be considered for a scholarship that assists students who have financial needs, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to submitting this application for review.